Interest Rate Trader / Sub-PM - UK
PARAGON Alpha - A Hedge Fund Talent business London, England, United Kingdom
Our client, one of the world's leading global multi-strat hedge fund with over $10bn AUM are now seeking a talented rates trader/sub-PM to join their London team.
The role requires the candidate to assist the lead portfolio manager with the whole portfolio, but also focus and be responsible for the Interest Rate Linear RV sub portfolio. The candidate will be expected to run the sub portfolio semi autonomously, with the autonomy expected to increase over time.
- Generate trade ideas independently in the area where the trader has background or as directed by the PM
- Owning the IR RV strategies and run with them under the guidance of the lead PM but with minimal supervision
- Assist lead PM with portfolio maintenance, bookkeeping and trading - Over time, the candidate would need to be able to trade across asset classes on main portfolio
- Initial Help with the Business Setup - Assist the manager with the tech tools build up and help with sheets creation and ongoing maintenance - both independently and with the help of the quant team
- Ongoing Tools Enhancement - Take active interest in developing new tech tools to generate better returns - Develop new investment strategies which are dependent on tech work
- Street Colour and Ideas - Successful amalgamation and curation of the street colour and trade ideas for the lead manager
- ~2-7 years of relevant experience
- Degree in a quantitative subject from a reputable top university
- Master’s Degree or beyond (preferred)
- Derivatives knowledge and associated maths
- Experience with programming (required)
- Team player with the desire to help with any task to ensure team success
- Strong work ethic
- Driven with a keen ambition to learn and grow as a buy-side professional
- Candidates with an interest rate trading background along with candidates from interest rate quantitative strategy desks or CVA desks are very suitable candidate.
To discuss this opportunity in full please get in touch or forward your resume to:
Elaine Bunyan - firstname.lastname@example.org
*Please note: Due to the large number of applicants, only candidates that meet the relevant criteria will be contacted*
‘’You're the specialist in your sector; we're the specialists in recruitment’’