Equity Analyst (Consumer Discretionary)
Our client, a leading global >$14Bn Multi Strat Hedge Fund are now seeking a talented Investment Analyst to cover consumer discretionary names. This person will work closely alongside a successful PM team that covers U.S. consumer/consumer tech equities.
The ideal candidate will play an integral role in generating ideas by conducting deep / bottom-up research and due diligence on individual companies and performing top-down industry analysis to identify tradable themes or opportunities.
What You’ll Bring:
- The ability to generate investment ideas independently
- Attending investment and industry conferences
- Familiarity with key alternative data sets and methods for data analysis and can provide recommendations for integration and enrichment of existing data
- Speaking frequently with sell-side analysts and company management teams
- Strong understanding of financial statement analysis and the ability to create and maintain a range of valuation and earnings models
- Understanding of business principles, strategy, market, and competitive dynamics in the sectors
- Bachelors, Masters or PhD from a top University
- 2-7 years of buy-side or sell-side experience in the consumer discretionary sector
- Existing relationships with company management teams
- Strong financial modeling skills with experience working with large datasets
- Track record of successful idea generation
- Collaborative team player with excellent communication skills
- Eager to find new investment ideas with a focus on velocity and creativity
- Strong time management skills with an appreciation for consistent process and structure
This is a fantastic opportunity for someone who is passionate about the hedge fund industry and would like to work alongside and learn from a very successful and well regarded PM in the business.
Please get in touch or send your resume to: email@example.com to discuss this opportunity further.
Junior Quantitative Researcher (Systematic Equities)